Highlights of the first half-year 2021
A macroeconomic context still marked by the effects of the health crisis
- The parcels and express businesses continue to see a strong acceleration in volumes (+25.4%) (5) compared to the first half of 2020, driven by the dynamic trend in e-commerce and building on robust logistics,
- The mail business remains in deficit due to the slowdown in the economy and society's accelerated digitisation,
- La Banque Postale, whose strategic equity alliance with CNP Assurances is a success, is experiencing dynamic commercial activity in an unfavourable context of low interest rates;
Strengthening of the Group’s growth drivers and businesses that will drive future growth
- In e-commerce, acquisition by Asendia (6) of 49.9% of eShopWorld, a facilitator of cross-border e-commerce, bringing its stake to 100%,
- In the express business, increased stake in Speedy AD (69.8%), a leading player in Bulgaria and also present in Romania,
- In insurance, signature by CNP Assurances (7) of an agreement with the Aviva Group for the acquisition of life insurance activities in Italy (51% of Aviva and 100% of Aviva Life and Aviva Italia Servizi),
- In the digital business, strengthening of digital expertise, through the acquisition of Openvalue (80%), data and AI consulting, and Boxtal (96%), a comparator of online parcel delivery solutions;
The European Commission has authorized a financial compensation for La Banque Postale to pursue its banking accessibility public service mission from 2021 to 2026;
Creation of the Retail Customers and Digital Services (8) business unit from 1 July 2021 as part of the new strategic plan and integrating the power of digital technology with La Poste’s retail outlet network, placing quality of service to customers at the heart of the Group’s transformation;
After having adopted a purpose developed in consultation with its stakeholders in early 2021, La Poste has become an “entreprise à mission” (9) and thus reinforces its positioning as a positive impact company, serving society as a whole.
After meeting today under the chairmanship of Philippe Wahl, the Board of Directors of La Poste approved the Group’s consolidated financial statements for the first half of 2021.
Source: Le Groupe La Poste