Digitalization is creating new needs, with the growth in online commerce, in particular, offering enormous potential. The e-commerce market is thus giving rise to great growth opportunities for online retailers. A key factor for sustainable success in e-commerce is customer satisfaction in parcel shipping. As of now, DHL Parcel is supporting all commercial and private shipping customers in Switzerland with a future-oriented and tailor-made logistics service - one that offers customer-friendly opening hours at DHL ServicePoints, short delivery times, Saturday delivery and ease of handling. Swiss-based companies can pass on this added value to their customers and benefit themselves from attractive conditions.
"An essential part of our strategy is to be represented in the key European markets," explains Achim Dünnwald, CEO DHL Parcel Europe. "Market entry into Switzerland is another important milestone in this respect. A total of 27 countries (including Switzerland) now belong to the DHL Parcel Europe network."
Günter Birnstingl, CEO DHL Parcel (Switzerland) AG, adds: "We would like to offer our customers in Switzerland a modern and forward-looking logistics service that meets not only the requirements of parcel shipping but also the wishes of the end customer. This includes the launch of innovative services - such as standard evening and Saturday delivery - with extended opening hours and a comprehensive package at an attractive price."
DHL Parcel's service portfolio in detail:
- Fast shipping: Parcels posted for dispatch from Monday to Friday are delivered on the next working day as standard, including Saturday (initially in the greater Zurich area). The only exception is parcels that are dispatched on Saturday; these will be delivered the following Tuesday.
- Convenient delivery times: For market entry, parcels will be delivered in Zurich by 8:00 pm. This service will be extended to other cities on an ongoing basis.
- Maximum security: Parcels are delivered to the recipient's front door. They are only handed over in person and must be signed for. Delivery tracking and notification is provided via SMS or pre-alert.
- Enhanced service: If the recipient is not able to accept the parcel, it will be deposited at the nearest DHL ServicePoint.
- Ease of handling: Outgoing parcels can be franked at home and then simply and conveniently posted at the nearest DHL ServicePoint.
- Transparent pricing structure: Shipping costs are non-weight-based and depend solely on the external dimensions. To determine the rate, the dimensions of the shortest and longest side of the parcel are added together and assigned to one of the four rate classes from S to XL.
Source: Deutsche Post DHL