Royal Mail Fleet is to open up its UK-wide network of vehicle workshops to other fleet customers.
This follows a successful pilot across 20 workshops during the previous 15 months to refine and develop its capabilities.
Royal Mail Fleet has one of the largest vehicle workshop networks in the UK, with more than 110 locations from Inverness to Redruth.
The workshops, staffed by over 1,000 highly qualified and experience vehicle technicians, offer industry-leading service, maintenance and repair for cars through to trucks and plant items.
Paul Gatti, Royal Mail Fleet director, said: “We believe that the time is right for Royal Mail Fleet to open up its extensive network of workshops to other commercial customers. Fleet operators have already told us that they want a provider with national coverage and a true one-stop-shop capability for commercially critical fleets from a name they can trust.
“We have amassed a great deal of knowledge and expertise from keeping the UK’s biggest fleet on the road with the highest levels of compliance, availability and safety; our number one priority. When combined with our improved processes, we believe this creates a highly competitive and compelling offering for the external market.”
Royal Mail Fleet has made significant investments in recruiting and training its people, particularly in its workshops. It has deployed a brand new operating platform six months ago that is integrated across its fleet management and workshop network.
Royal Mail Fleet will be offering:
- A one-stop-shop from cars to HGVs including hydraulics, tail lifts and power testing 110 locations nationwide
- 40 mobile service technicians
- Over 70 locations open 12+hrs/day
- More than 50 locations capable of maintaining HGVs
- Over 20 locations fully equipped with double-deck trailer maintenance capability
- Consistency of service and pricing across the workshop network delivered by a team embodying honesty, transparency and a relentless focus on the customer
- A single and fully integrated systems platform across its fleet management and workshop network
Source: Royal Mail