Canada Post (www.canadapost.ca), with its three subsidiaries, Purolator, SCI and Innovapost, is the largest Crown corporation in Canada. Canada Post provides innovative physical and electronic delivery solutions and services valued by Canadians in all regions of the country, and in all walks of life.
Through a highly skilled and diversified workforce of more than 60,000 employees, Canada Post supports a vast network of customers at home and around the world. Canada Post and its subsidiaries are entrusted with more than 9 billion messages and parcels annually. Delivering to every address from coast to coast to coast, Canada Post has a unique and essential role in Canadian society.
While traditional letter mail volumes continue to decline, the shift by Canadians to purchasing goods online has resulted in a substantial increase in the volume of parcels shipped to Canadians. In recent years, Canada Post has successfully pivoted to become Canada’s #1 parcel delivery company, gaining a new strategic position in the marketplace.
As a valued enterprise that will serve Canada for decades to come, Canada Post must continue to be adaptable, enable ongoing innovations and provide good service to Canadians. The recently announced vision for renewal at Canada Post will put service to Canadians front and centre. The goal is to provide high-quality service delivery at a reasonable price to Canadians, no matter where they live. The Corporation’s leadership and its employees will work in partnership to adapt, meet challenges and take advantage of opportunities created by, among other things, new technologies and the evolving expectations of its customers and the communities it serves.
Canada Post is now seeking a new President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This position is one of Canada’s most complex leadership roles. Reporting to the Board of Directors and working with the Board and the Government of Canada in setting the Corporation’s objectives and policies, the CEO is accountable for the profitability and growth of Canada Post. For this critical position, a wide array of competencies is being sought, including:
- Strategic brilliance with the ability to assess what the future holds.
- The capacity to make decisions, drive performance, build business and create partnerships.
- Significant leadership experience at the CEO or senior executive level in a major, multi-faceted, labour-intensive organization operating in a competitive environment.
- Experience leading complex business transformation.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide array of stakeholders including a board of directors.
- Experience at a senior executive level working in a complex unionized environment and dealing with labour relations issues including collective agreements, engagement, and negotiations.
For a more complete description of the experience, knowledge and abilities required in this position, please review the Notice of Opportunity online at www.appointments-nominations.gc.ca. The position is located in Ottawa.
Proficiency in both official languages is preferred.
If you meet the requirements of this role and would like to discuss it further, in confidence, please contact Ron Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathy Rahme (email@example.com) at +1-613-742-3204.