bpost's third quarter 2017 highlights
- Operating income (revenues) at EUR 647.6m, up 20.4%, driven by very strong growth in Parcels and acquisitions partly offset by lower Domestic Mail revenues in line with guidance.
- Underlying Domestic Mail volume decline at -5.3% as expected (-5.9% for 3Q16). Continued e-substitution but overall underlying volume trend in line with guidance.
- Very strong Domestic Parcels volume growth of +32.8% (+12.7% for 3Q16) driven by strong e-commerce growth and C2C. Price/mix effect of -7.1%, fully mix related.
- International Parcels up EUR 9.1m, mainly driven by increase in flows from Asia.
- Additional Sources of Revenues (up EUR 66.4m) driven by the acquisition of Ubiway.
- Organic cost evolution on track. Opex increase explained by the acquisitions for EUR 103.3m. Transport costs increased in line with positive international business evolution.
- EBITDA perfectly in line with last year and guidance at EUR 110.3m.
- Net profit of bpost SA/NV under BGAAP up by EUR 1.5m at EUR 52.0m.
- Outlook for 2017 reconfirmed: on track and confident to deliver our full year guidance.