Balmétrie is a study conducted by MEDIAPOST annually since 2011, to better measure French letter box communication. In the study’s fifth edition, French consumers were asked about their experiences with letter box communication.
Key learnings from the research were:
- 84% check their letter box every day.
- Door drops are mostly read as soon as they are delivered at the beginning of the week in order to take advantage of promotions.
- Mail items which are lengthy or complex tend to be read during the weekend (eg. local magazines).
- On average, French consumers recalled reading 6.9 door drops each week.
- Following the receipt of a door drop or direct mail, 39% visited a supermarket website.
Access more findings (in French) at balmetrie.fr